This just randomly popped into my head today, when I saw a co-worker’s JIRA avatar was the”doom guy”. It’s not particularly well thought out, being the result of about 2 minute’s thought.
- Small OLED LCD display
- 2 buttons
- OLED shows “doom guy” face
- Tracks “health”, and shows correct face for health
- Health drops slowly over time
- Pressing one button will shoot doom guy, showing “pain” face, and decreasing health
- Pressing other button will deliver health pack, increasing health
- Correct sounds are played when doom guy is injured, or healed.
- Maybe the midis from the game could be played sometimes too.
- Doom guy could find health on his own, so long as the overall health trend was downwards
- Whenever he finds health, play a sound
- When his health is getting low, play a pain sound of some sort every now and then
- Monsters could randomly appear on the screen, with a sound played (alternate showing the monster and doom guy, every second or so)
- Doom guy will kill monsters on his own, but will take damage to health
- Pressing “shoot” button will shoot whatever is on screen. If it’s the monster will shoot monster, helping doom guy. If it’s doom guy, will shoot doom guy.
- Pressing “heal” button will do the same, healing whatever is on screen.